I think this is how everyone felt today. We were supposed to go on a field trip to San Juan Bautista Mission. I signed up for it back in January because Christopher's goal in life is to see all the California Missions. I think this is a worthy goal so I've been trying to find ways to help him accomplish this. Got everyone up this morning, fed, and lunches packed. Woke up Nico, fed him, got him in his carseat and we were off. I hadn't driven more than 3 miles from home when I see my temperature gauge rising quickly. Not good. Call Mark and get his take on it. We find it odd because yesterday he did some running around but we checked the overflow to the radiator since we've been having some problems with leaking and there was plenty there. I pulled into a gas station and the radiator is basically empty. A very kind man took a quick look for me and agreed it was the water pump which is what we had been told last week when it leaked out all the coolant we had just had put in. We thought we had significantly slowed, if not stopped, the leak but apparently not. It's a real pain because it was replaced just 1½ yrs ago and now I'm looking at probably having to pay to have it replaced again. Ugh! Anyway, the nice man helped me fill the radiator and I took 3 very disappointed boys home again.
So instead we did a few little lessons and then made popcorn and watched Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Mark is taking the car to the shop in the morning so I'll be w/o a vehicle tomorrow so Jonathan will miss soccer practice. Thankfully we can walk to gymnastics. The heathens don't do well when cooped up in the house for too long.
On a bright note tho, Christopher is now enrolled for the College for Kids classes. He didn't get all the ones he wanted (mommy needs to get that sent in first thing next year) but he said he'd be happy to try the art classes that are still open. I'm hoping he has fun with them and doesn't get upset that things aren't perfect.
1 comment:
Well, Jennie, we'll just have to make it up to them some how.
Movie this friday! :)
Hope the car is feeling better by this evening. The Davis Clan without its beast is a sad thing.
And yes, I finally joined this thing, to make my entries a little easier. Don't expect any entries to my blog here however. Live Journal is more than enough.
Post a Comment