So we started cereal this week with Nico. His first response was pretty standard...."What the heck is this stuff????" But after a few spoonfuls, he started lunging at the spoon. This lasted a little bit until his evil twin came along and decided that life was awful and this should be announced at the top of his lungs with an earsplitting scream (the usual way his evil twin announces his prescence unfortunately). (picture taken by Jonathan)We tried again the next day and a few more bites went down before the evil twin let his prescence be known. And a few more bites the next day. Today it's been 6 days since we started with his getting cereal about 4xs and I think he actually ate about a full tablespoon before the scream appeared. I'm planning on giving the rice another week and then we'll start oatmeal. Time for mommy to clean out the freezer, get the grinder out, and start making baby food again.
We've also figured out why he's not been going to sleep well these last 2wks, we weren't swaddling! Silly us thought that he might be getting a bit big for the whole swaddling thing and we kept trying to not swaddle him when getting him ready for bed until it was after 11p and he'd already been put down several times only to wake up in less than 20min. So far, he's been out now for about 45min, it's 10:20p, an dit's looking like he's down for the night. Now I'm wondering if he'll sleep longer than 5hrs tonite which has been the average the last several nights. If that's the case, I'm going out and buying the bigger swaddle blankets. I want my sleep!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment