Monday, June 19, 2006

Doctors, doctors everywhere

Just one of those days where it seemed like everyone had a drs apt. Nico had his 4mo well baby check and is now 11lbs 11ozs (just under 5th percentile) and 25-3/4" (around 75%) so long and lean. He's gained 2lbs 2ozs in 2mos so the dr was okay with his weight gain. He hadn't been gaining much the first couple of weeks but he's gained about a lb in the last 3wks so things are starting to turn around. He's a happy, alert little tyke who is busy trying to engage everyone he meets into playing with him. Did I mention how much I love him???? LOL


Christopher is also doing well. He went in for his 11yr well kid check (just a tad overdue). He's 73lbs (25%) and 57" (50%) which is typical for him. I reminded him to talk to the dr about all the stupid little aches and pains Mr Drama is always complaining about (usually when he should be doing schoolwork but they never seem to bother as much when playing video games...hmmmm) and the dr confirmed what I've been saying which is they are just ligaments and muscles growing and stretching and it's nothing to be concerned with.


I also had an eye exam today, my first in 12yrs. I got a scolding for going so long as I do wear glasses and should be checked every 2yrs. But she was amazed when she checked me that my perscription has barely changed. So that's good news. I'll be looking at contacts and a new pair of glasses soon but I can easily keep this pair for back-up.


I'm trying to get Nico on a better schedule now that we are on summer break and I can dedicate a little more time to that. I'm hoping to get some things caught up later this week when the 2 biggest boys are at my dad's. Wow! I'll be down to only 2 kids! Whatever will I do with myself??? LOL

No comments: