Seriously, I don't think my kids were that brain-damaged by all the dropping them on their heads as babies but I'm beginning to wonder after this morning's stunt by Matthew. Seriously, I could not believe this one tho in hind sight, I guess I really shouldn't be that surprised.
So we are running late and I'm trying to get a little bit of work to do with Jonathan before we head out to Nico's zoo class. I have lunches basically packed but hadn't made Matthew's complicated sandwich yet so I told him to go ahead and make it for himself so I could go work with Jonathan. He starts getting stuff out and I leave the kitchen.
About 15min later as I'm trying to get everyone's shoes on because we are now late, Matthew tells me he can't get his sandwich in his bento box and he thinks he cut it wrong. Now I always cut the sandwich in half, lengthwise, and then trim the sides so it will all fit. Apparently he cut it in half just fine but then cut the top and bottom off which made it effectively square. Ok, this is not going to fit like that and it's falling apart so I don't know how I can fix it. Then I look closely at it to find that not only has he put too much mustard and mayo on it, but the only other item besides bread to the sandwich is pickles!!! My son made a pickle sandwich! OMG!!! Are you serious?! Yech!!!!
Needless to say, at that point, any attempt to salvage the sandwich ceased and it was thrown in the trash. Of course, we are now even later leaving and he doesn't have a sandwich and there is no more bread defrosted to make a new one. Great. He has no protein in his lunch at all and that's a problem. A few seconds of brainstorming and he got cottage cheese and blueberries packed and out we went. Luckily we managed to make it to class right as it started and the rest of the day went okay but still....
My son made a pickle sandwich today and I have no doubt would have eaten it for lunch if he hadn't cut it wrong so I found out before it could happen.
Boys!
3 comments:
What can you say about a boy whose mom knew she was pregnant because she wanted pickles and powdered sugar?
I guess Pickles runs in the family.
Love
Mom
ROFL! That is hilarious Jena!
Maria
Fred would totally approve. ;)
Post a Comment