Things have been busy since the start of the year, so busy that I've barely picked up a book. I'm still fighting a nasty cold tho it's very much better than it was for which I'm thankful. Unfortunately, between the cold and company (didn't mind the company but the cold I could have lived without) I didn't get a couple of key things done over the break, like setting up our schedule. The good news, I did get a good start on the decluttering done with several things going out on Freecycle and several more bags of stuff on their way to Goodwill tomorrow. I've also started setting things up on Sparkpeople.com to track my food intake and try to get the weight loss on track. I think I'm giving up on WW because their site is just down way too often and has too many issues. If I could do the meetings, I probably would but I can't so I'm trying something else. I'm hoping to get a bit more involved in the community on Sparkpeople as well in order to have some support. The other good news in that department is that I've started tracking what I'm eating and now that I've figured out how to work things a bit better with Sparkpeople, I'm hopeful of seeing results. I paid Lucero to come watch Nico (and then Jonathan and Matthew) so I could go to Curves last night while Christopher went to KSW and even tho I woke up late this morning, I kept my date with Maya to set up a new profile (since I can't remember the last time I saw her) so I can do some workouts at home. My current proposed workout schedule is going to be Curves on M/W/Sa and dates with Maya for 15min on T/Th and a yoga session with Maya on F. I'm GOING to do that for a month and see how things are going.
I set up a debt tracker as well which I put in all the current balances of the credit cards and tax debt we have minus the one credit card I just paid off (tho I think they are going to charge me $9.95 for paying by phone for the last payment) so I can watch it go down and have that nice visual reminder. It probably would have been more satisfying had I put in all the debt we paid off last year but I was too lazy to go that far. LOL
The return to school has been rocky without a schedule and then an added trip to the Drs yesterday to have Nico's staples checked out (they were fine but this being the first time one of my kids has had staples, they looked weird to me and I needed to know that their moving upwards was normal) and a quick Costco run kind of shot the day yesterday. Despite being woken at 4am yesterday morning and not being able to get back to sleep and then Nico not going to be until after midnight this morning, I managed to get up and do my stuff and get the boys up just a few minutes late. Unfortunately, while I took a shower and got ready they didn't and then I had a few things I wanted to take care of (like blogging since it's been a while) and so things are still behind. It's going to be a work in progress, mostly on my end to stay on top of them.
Mark is in SLC again this week. Not sure what his schedule is going to be for that but I've been working on putting things in place to deal with it better, mostly so that I can get my workouts in so I have some time without the kids.
So that's the quick update around here. No bowling this week so we are going to catch up some of that schoolwork for Jonathan from yesterday (the big boys got all theirs done) and then I need to finish the menu for the week and clipping all the coupons and get a couple loads of laundry done. If I actually have time, I'll continue on the great declutter and start working on the schedule. I REALLY need to get that in place.
No comments:
Post a Comment