I frequently find myself asking that question, or the other favorite of "Where has the time gone?" because it seems that I'm never home and I don't think I'm actually getting 24hrs in each of my days. They sure seem a lot shorter than that. I've hardly even had time to read (a tragic injustice to be sure) and then when I logged in to log in my book, I was shocked to see how long it had been since I last posted. It sure doesn't feel like it's been a week. So I have to ask, where the heck have I been and what have I been doing since I sure haven't been near the computer much.
The answer has been chasing kids, decluttering, trying (vainly) to keep up with some of the never ending household tasks, teaching, shuttling kids to various activities, making darn sure that I get in my exercise time, and, when possible, sleeping. I have a mountain of projects that I want to work on that aren't happening along with several volunteer projects I need to get on top of. The transition to Ocean Grove to be our new school is completely up in the air and we have come to terms that we'll be lucky if we are in to start the next school year but that leaves me with trying to put together some sort of curriculum for Matthew all on my own on a very limited budget. (I'll be writing more on that subject in the school blog)
I have yet to get my schedule together (see that long list of undone projects and it's right at the top, waiting patiently) and I'm definitely feeling the lack of it. We are getting a bit more done each day than we were before the vacation but not as much as we could with better time management, especially for me. The nice part is that I really am seeing how much more we are accomplishing and seeing how much stuff is leaving the house. It's really inspiring me to keep moving on this and continue to work towards getting the house more decluttered and back into a more controlled level of chaos.
We've also been dealing with a rash of unspecified illness and injuries. Nico's staples are finally out but he still complains about his head hurting. Not sure how much it really hurts now or if it's just remembering how much it hurt. All the big boys have been complaining about stomache pains and headaches (illness or post-vacation blues....not sure which) and Matthew has what appears to be a pulled groin muscle. My right shoulder is out of sorts and I did something to my neck (no idea what) so everytime I look down for longer than a few seconds, it's very stiff and hurts when I look up again. My left calf that I hurt trying to exercise last week just starts to feel a bit better and then I have to run to catch Nico and it goes right back to square one. Despite it all, I'm continuing to work out on the routine I outlined for myself tho I'm doing some modifications where necessary to try and avoid aggrevating any of the current injuries. I'm seriously considering seeing a chiro for the shoulder and neck....if I could find the time.
In other news, Nico is now talking up a storm! It's truly amazing at all the things he's coming up with and the things he's telling us now. The vocabulary is still limited compared to a normal almost 3yr old but for him, it's just been amazing leaps and bounds from where he was a year ago. Due to this, we are seeing a lot more imaginative play and he's sharing it with us. He's loving his zoo class tho he'll usually start off being a little shy but warms back up to it quickly (tho he's got a grin on his face as we are going there, go figure) and he's loving swim class and bowling as well. He's gotten into puzzles, board games, and puppets recently and it's really become so much fun to play with him.
Jonathan is continuing to make good strides in his therapy and his schoolwork. He's always so eager to please but we are still definitely dealing with the "life isn't fair" crying at the drop of a hat. I'll be glad when that phase is over. He's loving swim class and is very happy that Nico's zoo teacher is willing to let the big boys come in for animal visitor time. Today they got to pet a San Francisco Garter Snack and last week it was a hedgehog. Of course, all this takes place when he's not snoozing which seems to be the majority of the time. I'm expecting him to grow at least a foot in the next two weeks. LOL
Matthew is chugging along happy-go-lucky as always. We seem to be finding a bit of a better groove for him in regards to schoolwork but some days are still a struggle. Right now I'm slowly adding in a little extra here and there to round things out but again, without a good schedule it's still hard to get everything done and he's still just as happy to find ways to goof off. *sigh*
Christopher has become the sterotypical teenage boy. Moody, ravenous, even bigger slob, finding ways to rebel (not doing chores, refusing to help with his brothers or being so impossible when he does "help" that it's more of a fight with them than any actual help taking place, etc). We are trying to be understanding as best we can but at the same time let him know that there are still rules in this house and as part of the family, he is expected to do his share. So far there haven't been any major fights with me or Mark but I can definitely see some of the emotional turbulance coming out against his brothers. We've had to talk with him again about the appropriate use of KSW and had to inform his instructors that he needs to work on his self-disipline more than his forms and techniques. This was after using said techniques against both Matthew and Nico in the course of a few days. He's also been banned from any video game that has any violence in the content warning. Can't say he's happy about it and I do understand that some of what's going on is likely hormonal but he needs to learn how to control his own actions and not strike, especially at those who are so much smaller than himself. Of course, this isn't daily behavior and there are many days when he can be a joy to be around, is very helpful and courteous, but it does seem like Mr. Hyde is making more appearances.
So that's pretty much the catch-up for here. I'm planning on starting the "Week in the Life of" again shortly here to show how we are spending our days, mostly so maybe I can see where the time actually is going. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment