Monday, January 19, 2009

Embarrassing stories I must remember to share

Yep, count me down as one of those moms who wants to make sure to have embarrassing stories of my children to share when they are trying to date someone I don't approve of or to share with their children when they are taking themselves to seriously as parents. Tonight's one is good for 3 out of 4 (ok, maybe it's not so embarrassing for Nico since he's not even 3 yet...we'll see).

So I'm sitting at my desk with a cat on my lap writing up my review of the last book I read and I hear Matthew coming up behind me. Just as he reaches out to grab me, I say "hello Matthew" and he wants to know how I knew he was there. "I heard you" was the reply. So he then spent the next several minutes trying to sneak up on me to no avail since a) I knew he was there and what he was trying to do and b) my children are absolutely incapable of complete silence. After a while of not getting any further in his pursuits, he decided that his pants were the problem and took them off. He didn't fare any better that time either and then Nico decided to get in on the game by first stripping off his diaper and then running and jumping into the room (obviously not getting the whole "sneaking up on" thing). Next thing I know, I turn and see Christopher in his underwear and socks trying to sneak up on me.

Seriously?! Underwear and socks? Apparently my boys all failed Ninja Training 101.

The topper was Nico coming into the room still naked except he had now wrapped a plastic placemat around his head and was calling it his hat. It then wrapped around various other body parts and was occasioned by much laughter.

Yep, they are a silly bunch. I'm wondering if they've gotten dressed again yet or not...

1 comment:

Melanie Wilson said...

The stuff memories are made of. Girl, you are a reading machine! I'm impressed. How is your year going?