Today was an insane day and I personally think I deserve some credit on someone's list for remembering my camera so I could start this today. I had everyone up and out of the house by 9am as Jonathan had a field trip at Coyote Point Museum at 10a. Now mind you, no one except Christopher had eaten breakfast yet and I had to go sign clubhouse reservation paperwork for a third time for Nico's birthday party (which is in just over a week but they've changed the agreement yet again). I got to the clubhouse to sign the paperwork at just after 9a to see a closed sign. WTH?! I send Matthew up and he comes back telling me that yes, it does say they open at 9a but there is no one there. We wait a few minutes and finally the manager comes sauntering up with her coffee in one hand and takes another 5min to unlock things and let me sign the paperwork. It took another 15min to get things together there which when combined with having to go through a drive-through for breakfast caused us to be 15min late for Jonathan's class. I'm very thankful to the racoon that decided to cause a stir when the museum opened and thus caused everything to be delayed by 15min. Things truly do work in mysterious ways sometimes.
They had some new exhibits in the entrance to the museum so that was good for 1/2hr of play time. Unfortunately, Nico didn't agree that 1/2hr was enough and when Jonathan was finally done with class he decided to pitch a huge fit that we had to leave. Everyone else had had enough of seeing the foam fly through the air tube but apparently that doesn't get old for an almost 3yr old.
Now normally my kids will make the restaurant sorry it ever thought of the word buffet but this one got lucky as they were very unsure of the flavors of Indian cuisine. They did eat but very litty compared to normal. They spent more time playing dots.
But one of the joys of Nico is that he doesn't really have much interest in potty-training at all except when we are out and about in which case he will announce constantly that he needs to use the potty so he can see every potty at every location we ever. The one at the restaurant was so intriguing he had to visit it twice. Maybe you can tell me what the fascination was? It was the mens' room so I honestly cannot give an opinion.
After lunch it was off to the bank so Jonathan could make a deposit into his savings and I could deposit the change I've been saving for the last two months when what should I spy across the street but a Starbucks! Go ahead, twist my arm...
Or you could just pout at me like my boys did and away we go.
By now it was almost 3p and we had to be home by 4p because Jonathan had speech. We'd been on the go for 6hrs at this point but we still weren't done. On the way home, we first had to stop at two places to pick up stuff from Freecycle. I love that site!
So now the boys are asleep and I'm heading there quickly. It's amazing how not being home all day ends up exhausting me. Maybe that has something to do with the gazillion heartattacks Nico gives me every time he runs off, usually heading straight for the street or parking lot. *Note to self, stop trying to give him the benifit of the doubt and use the leash! There's a reason you bought it for him!*
2 comments:
That Bobcat has a strange chew toy. :D
And I think we may be bringing Mom to Nico's BD party. Details to follow.
And What does the almost 3 year old want for his birthday? We need to go buying stuff.
Love
Mom
wow - we did glass bead making in the evening, and Ian had his pottery class in the morning. I just wanted to take a nap - maybe tomorrow. BTW - which Indian place did you go to for lunch, and was it any good? Always looking for good places in San Mateo area. BTW- Joy Luck Place on 4th in downtown San Mateo has good dim sum at lunch.
Post a Comment