The book that started it all, the first 007 James Bond Novel. After seeing the movie and seeing this book on the 1001 list and then finding it in the bookstore, I just decided I needed to see where it all began. I have to say that I found the movie to be a well done, modernized adaptation of the book and that Daniel Craig did an excellent job of portraying the harder Bond from this first novel. As for the book itself, it was enjoyable tho I'm not sure I'd have liked it as much if I hadn't seen the movie first. There are definitely some very dark parts in it and not much humor to liven it up. In terms of writing style, it's not wonderful but it's not horrible either. There are a few times when his descriptions go a bit too far, get a bit too long-winded, kind of seem to go on and on and ... you get the idea. LOL But thankfully they seem to end just as you are getting really fed up with them, usually after a few paragraphs.
I probably won't buy the rest of the books in paper but will likely pick them up in e-book form to read at some point but I'm not in any hurry.
Page count: 181p/2553p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment