Wednesday, January 14, 2009

104:1 Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong

8th book in the Women of the Otherworld series

I felt it started a bit slow. I had a hard time relating to Hope and the whole plot seemed a bit ho-hum at first. About half way through all the twists and turns started showing up and I couldn't put it down. Spent all afternoon today finishing it rather than doing the housework but man, was it worth it. Even with 20 pages to go there are parts where I was saying to myself "NO FREAKING WAY DID SHE REALLY DO THAT!!!" I'm now starting to waiver on my resolve not to buy these in hardbound since I know the next one is out that way and there is a new one coming out in a few months. The will is definitely weakening as I think I've found a new favorite series.

Poor Mark tho, came home to a trashed house with no dinner started and his wife in bed with her head in a book saying "I'll be done soon honey but I GOTTA finish this first!" I'm very thankful he's so understanding.

So that's one down for the year. I'm a bit off pace right now tho I'm close to finishing another one and am about half way through another 3. Still 8-9 books is going to be a tough order especially since I want to throw in a bunch of classics.

For this year, I'm also keeping a running page total which is sort of pointless since some are hardback with larger pages and type sizes play a big size, but what the hey, I'm curious. Pages read to date will only count completed books. Honestly I'm at about 1000 for the year so far but only get to count this book since it's the only one I've finished.

Pages read to date: 523

No comments: