Dorothy returns to Oz, this time after falling overboard during a storm while sailing to Australia with her Uncle Henry. I have to say that I found that the most contrived part of the book (why would a poor man be sailing to Australia for his health?) but once she was in Ev, things fell right into place. She made some new friends (Billina and Tick-Tock) and we saw again the return of our old friends (Ozma, the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman, and the Cowardly Lion). It was a fun journey to see Dorothy wonder about in the new land before her friends showed up and then help Ozma to rescue the Queen and royal children of Ev.
The boys are loving the series but I've asked them to take a break from it for a bit so we can enjoy some of the other wonderful books in our collection but I'm sure we'll be back in Oz before too long. It's a wonderful place to keep visiting.
Pages Read: 270p/1310p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment