Monday, January 26, 2009

A Love/Hate Relationship

with my bookstore. I hadn't been in for a month and decided since I had a few minutes to kill while waiting for the big boys that I'd pop in as I was curious about a couple of titles. I should have known better. Actually, that's the thing. I DO know better, I just can't seem to help myself. So does that make it an addiction? Or is it the act of buying the books that takes it over into an addiction. I'm just not sure. All I know is that I go in there meaning to browse and come out with two bags of books. It's not like I'm anywhere close to being short of things to read but there were more books in series that I've started and I started browsing and the books literally jumped off the shelves and into my arms (seriously!). By the time I could barely hold any more, they were still throwing themselves at me and I had to politely tell them next time and hope they forgive me but man, it was hard. Even now I'm having to fight myself not to get back in the car for those that I left behind.

And what's really telling is my husband doesn't even blink when he sees me come in the house with bags of books. I tell him I love him and he says "Went to Bay Book again, didn't you?"

I think I've become predictable.

2 comments:

Auntie M said...

What I hate is when the helpful pushers show you the baskets. You can carry more books if you have a basket than if you are just carrying them in your arms.
And I wish to remind you again, that this is Nothing New. You've always been like this, even before you could read!
Luckily we all love you,
Mom

Our wonderfully busy life with 4 beautiful boys......... said...

Tee Hee Hee Jena! You are so funny! I love the way you tell a story...makes me feel like Iwas at Bay Books with you!

Maria

p.s. enjoy your new books!