Tuesday, April 01, 2008

So excited!!!!

Yes, I know this is my third post basically in a row but each of these has been so different in content from the others that I felt they each deserved there own space and this one in particular has me wanting to cartwheel in street. Matthew has finally taken to reading!!!! As in, he has actually finished a chapter book voluntarily and found one of his other barely started chapter books and has been reading in it every spare moment lately reading!!! This the child who I had to bribe (with basically no success) to read anything other than Garfield or Bone books. I'm thrilled beyond belief that he has finally realized that reading is so wonderful. He also started his own Shelfari page and posted it on his blog and I've set him a challenge of a book a month from March til the end of the year. He has finished the first one and is close to halfway through the second one even now. What does he win if he meets the challenge??? A trip to the bookstore to buy any new chapterbook he wants of course!

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Yeah Matthew! May he have many wonderful years browsing the book store and the library.
Love
Proud Grandma