Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Got stranded in Berkeley today

My transmission decided to crap out on my suburban when I was out there for a field trip with the boys today. I know it could have been worse as we were able to pull over easily in a safe location, get towed to local AAA shop and get a rental car all within 2hrs of this happening but still. We had just come up with a plan for busing out butts to come up with an emergency fund and get out of debt and now this! We are totally broke right now and will be until next week when Mark gets paid again and we will likely have to borrow money to get this fixed. It just sucks and I am trying hard not to just break down sobbing at this newest set back. Doesn't help that the repair shop didn't call back today like they said they would and by the time I got back home and could call them, they had all gone home for the day so now I have to wait til tomorrow to see just how bad this is going to be. I'm guessing since I saw the guy pushing it into the bay because the transmission totally gave out when he tried to testdrive it that it's not going to be good.

Of course all of this had to interfere with Nico's nap too so now he's ultra cranky and I'm ultra-stressed. Not a good combo. Sad Ugh!!! And then add in Mark's job stress and it's just not happy times over here right now. I keep trying to look at the bright side...Mark is still employed, we were able to get home safely, and while we will probably have to miss Baycon totally now to pay for this, we should be able to dig out of this quickly and get back on track.

But it still sucks.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Major Bummer! I was hoping to spend some time with my daughter and grandkids at Baycon.
Major Sucking Sound. You guys just don't seem to get a break.
I hope it ends up not being as much $$$ as you thought, and you get back on track soon.
Love
Mom