- Take Nico to gymnastics
- Drive into town to put $20 gas into tank
- Drop off book for fellow freecycler
- Pick up checkbook register for Matthew from different freecycler
- Drop off bag of toddler clothes and pick up advantage for cats from yet another freecycler
- Stop briefly at home to get a few things we had forgotten
- Go to Post Office to mail Jonathan's AYSO summer registration and a few other bills and get mail
- Pick up textbooks from a fourth freecycler
- Make a donation at Goodwill
- Take boys to lunch at Taco Bell/KFC
- Walk to Kragen to get some fuel injector cleaner
- Go to Costco for gas and shopping
- Go to DMV to pick up personalized license plates for suburban (thank goodness I had an appointment so it was only a 25min wait *insert eye roll*)
- Go to bank for boys to do their banking
- Stop at produce stand and pick up more fresh peas (the last 4 lbs disappeared in about an hour)
- Go through the car wash
- Arrive home and collapse
Of course, Nico didn't go down for a nap until after the bank and so spent the entire bank trip screaming at the top of his lungs and throwing a major tantrum. I held him and my ground and tried to just get us out of there as quickly as possible. After he continued to scream outside at Matthew while I did my ATM transactions (quicker than yet another teller transaction since I had forgotten to write out a slip for it) we started heading back for the truck. A woman was in her car pulling out and rolls down her window and says "Excuse me". Of course, I'm thinking I'm going to get some asinine comment considering the show we were all just enjoying but instead she tells me that she thinks I'm a good mom for being so patient with my boys. Considering I know patience to be the quality that I am lacking most often, especially with my boys, it was nice to hear that at least once in my parenting life I managed to keep my cool and someone actually noticed.
Oh, yeah, and I did good on WW yesterday. Today was a bit more of a challenge but I'm continuing to at least log in what I'm eating so I can at least be conscience of it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
We believe that there are four types of rebirth. One is the common type, wherein a being is helpless to determine his or her rebirth, but only reincarnates in dependence on the nature of past actions. The opposite is that of an entirely enlightened Buddha, who simply manifests a physical form to help others. In this case, it is clear that the person is Buddha.
State of my sink: Shiny!
No comments:
Post a Comment