Thursday, April 24, 2008

A bit of catch-up

Things have just been going, going, going here. Nothing really exciting, funny, surprising going on just actually nothing extra to throw schedules off so we've been working on trying to get things caught up around here again. I know....boring. That's ok, I'm not minding that kind of boredom right now. The big boys have their state testing next week so we are making sure they do some of their study programs and such to prepare and I'm going over results with them and helping them on the parts they aren't doing as well in. Nico has decided that sleep is once again for losers and has been waking multiple times at night, waking super early in the day, or managing to stay up past midnight despite a double dose of melatonin. Needless to say, this has not been helping anything around here.

**Disclaimer**
Lest anyone feel the need to CPS, a usual dose of melatonin for Nico is 1/4mg and the neuro said we could do a max of 1mg so we were still well under his alloted max. I was not actually overdosing my child.

Mark and Mike are doing a Whiskey Bros. pouring for Diageo tonight up in the city and Mike has gotten a gig pouring for Pinot Ricard (?) tomorrow night. Mark is going up to do the schmooze thing and get himself in as well so I'll be single parenting for the next two nights. Let's just say, I didn't feel too guilty about making him take Nico duty when we went out with my family for dinner last night. I know technically the last time we went to sushi with his family he also had Nico duty so it might seem unfair unless you consider that I was in the ER with Matthew at the time and while he did bring me chocolate, he didn't bring me sushi and most times we go to sushi with his family and I take Nico so he can spend time with them and we rarely go out with my family like that. So no, it wasn't unfair at all tho even I will admit that Nico was definitely in rare form last night including a diaper blow-out the likes of which have not been seen in these parts in many moons which is my excuse for why there was not a spare change of clothes for him in the truck. Whoops.

In other news, my beloved Sharks actually managed to show up for Game 7 of the Western Conference Quarter-finals and blow the Flames out of the water. Fantastic game and a good win. Now onto the Dallas Stars! Go Sharks!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
All human beings come from a mother's womb. We are all the same part of one human family. We should have a clear realization of the oneness of all humanity.


State of my sink: Don't ask. I'm still catching up. :(

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Jess Miller and I are exchanging stories at CostumeCon. Including How Much Michael has grown up. When did that baby become an adult in him mid 20s?
Hope the Whiskey Bros gigs do well. I know Mark and Michael love them.
Love
Mom