Well, I guess it was inevitable but I need to buy double key deadbolts for both the outside doors because Nico has figured out how to break off the child-proof doorknob covers. We've tried three different brands/styles and he's managed to pop them all. We had a hotel flip lock with Jonathan but the door frame won't take it any more and there isn't enough structure behind the molding to attach it to if we took the molding off so this is the only thing I can think of to keep him safe. We found out about it today when Mark was cooking in the kitchen and I was teaching in the bedroom. He took his eyes off Nico for a few minutes to work on dinner and the next thing we knew, the doorbell was ringing because he had managed to open the door and he's fascinated with ringing the doorbell. He is also fascinated with the backyard and wants to be outside all the time so I'm off to the hardware store tomorrow to replace the locks so I can lock us in 24hrs a day. Sounds awful when said like that but I'd rather that than he gets out again unsupervised.
I swear, I'm surprised I don't have a full head of gray hair. Jonathan was almost this bad but not quite. I have no idea how he's going to survive. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment