Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A few quick updates on things...

I realized after talking to several people in the last week that I have been lax on updating a few things around here so let me take a moment to do so now.

  • Baby Jonathan (my friend Jen's son) is home now safe and sound where he belongs. The meds and transfusion did their job and his liver is repairing itself so no transplant needed, thank G-d. He is on a special formula tho, along with several meds, and will continue to receive out-patient care for a while to come but he is mending and he is home so that is wonderful news.
  • On the homeschool ruling that was basically saying that all children needed to be in a classroom with an accredited teacher. That ruling has been dismissed and the case is to be reheard. I have been following what's going on through various homeschool organizations and our charter school but it has not changed how we are doing things in the slightest.
  • My friend Crystal who was having all the problems with pre-term labor gave birth on Sunday to a healthy baby boy at almost 38wks gestation. Mom and baby are doing well.
  • Matthew's arm has been itching and driving him nuts and I'm very thankful he hasn't gnawed the cast off (tho he does need to watch how he moves that thing LOL). We have an appointment in Ortho tomorrow for x-rays to see how things are healing and hopefully they will remove the cast. He has a countdown ticker on his blog for this event. LOL
  • Things are still crazy with Mark's job situation. Still overworked and understaffed. *sigh* He keeps getting told to hire some people but then everything blows up and the time he tries to carve out for reading resumes and interviews gets eaten up by other emergencies. He's planning on working late for the next bit to try and get the time to do that and catch up on some other work but he's really down about the whole work situation right now. Please continue to keep him and his company in your prayers.

I think that's about it. It's another crazy week here with a field trip today, drs apt tomorrow, and our face-to-face Thursday plus our usual activities and getting ready for a birthday party on Sunday. Thankfully the boys' speech teacher is on vacation this week so we don't have that and Jon wasn't feeling great yesterday morning so we called off OT and that gave me a few extra hours to my week. I managed to get everything ready for our f2f so that's done and I've started in on the taxes. As much as I would love to just get an hour or two all at once to just get them done, I don't think that's going to happen so I'm going to try and just do a little piece at a time so they get done and filed sooner rather than later.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
I feel that Americans are interested [in Buddhism] because they are open-minded. They have an education system that teaches them to find out for themselves why things are the way they are. Open-minded people tend to be interested in Buddhism because Buddha urged people to investigate things--he didn't just command them to believe.


State of my sink: Shiny!

No comments: