Friday, April 04, 2008
52:20 The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
A dear friend of mine read this book and recommended it so I checked it out and I'm so glad I did. Not a get rich quick scheme but it showed us a few of the errors we were making with our money while trying to get out of debt and I think it will help me to convince Mark of what we need to do to live debt-free which has been our hope. We will have our emergency fund fully funded by the end of this month with his bonus and by June will be starting to really knock down our debt while saving for all those things that come up like birthdays, holidays, car repairs, clothing needs, etc. We've been trying on our own but our plan was a bit faulty which always left us scrambling when a car would break or life just decided to smack us. Now we have a simple but very workable plan and we hope to be debt free except for our house in 2yrs or less and then we can start saving for retirement, college funds, and a new house in earnest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment