Monday, July 07, 2008

Survived the first day

All things considered, it actually went really well in fact. Everyone got where they needed to be early. Jonathan had fun at camp except for the "really, really, long, long walk that really, really hurt my feat a lot". However his team name was Wall-e and he found out that's the movie he is seeing on Wednesday for his Laser Tag & a Movie field trip. Poor kid has a rough life.

Matthew enjoyed his first day at College for Kids. Got to play with a bunch of different cameras including older styles, started learning how to draw a bit more realistic stick figures for costume design, and came home saying "Konichiwa" and learned how to write his name in Japanese. He also found out that they'll be making ramen and ice cream moochies next week. Poor kid has a rough life.

Christopher played some fun games in his acting class. I really think that's a great class for him and I hope he continues to enjoy it as much as he did today. Algebra went well with the teacher starting off using fun word games to demonstrate basic algebra principals. Hopefully this will help him get some of the concepts better even tho we are planning on retaking it again in the fall to make sure he really has a solid footing in it. He had a blast playing tennis apparently and is looking forward to playing again tomorrow. Poor kid has such a rough life.

Nico played for an hour at speech while I went to the gym. He drove around with me all over the place getting all his brothers where they needed to go and ran around like a suddenly free zoo animal every time he got out of the car. He napped on the way home from dropping the older two off so I took a chance to switch over another load of laundry, make a few phone calls, and write a few emails before waking him up. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting him to sleep tonight as a result. *sigh* After he was woken up from his nap, we each had an otter pop while I read "That's not my pirate" 5xs before playing Othello. Then we picked up Jonathan (I told you he spent all day in the car) and he ran around and jumped on the school books while I attempted to do some art and language arts with Jonathan. Poor kid has such a rough life.

As for me, I got everyone everywhere they needed to be. I managed to get to Curves and do my workout. I called Ocean Grove and found out everything is fine there and got the first draft of our camping list done and the first email out to try and get refs for this weekends soccer games. I also washed and dried a ton of laundry. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of it folded. Kind of hard to do that while driving so my bathtub is currently doubling as a clean laundry holding tank. I hate that its like that atm so first priority is to take care of that tomorrow. I also got under the kitchen sink and little pantry straightened out and the breakfast bar is almost done as well. I did 2 lessons of science, 2 lessons of language arts, and 1 lesson of art with Jonathan plus did some speech in the car on the way to camp this morning. So a few things can actually get crossed off my list and dents have been made in other areas. Unfortunately, I found a few other things that need to get added to it. Oh, well.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes half so well.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Here is a general statement about Tibetan medicine: Human physiology is spoken of in terms of the three humors--wind, bile, and phlegm imbalances occur respectively from the "three poisons", or primary mental afflictions; namely, attachment, anger, and ignorance.

1 comment:

me said...

laundry is always a work in progress. you did lots of stuff and the boys had fun, hurray :)
i haven't played otello in ages, i have to dig ours out!! :)