Monday, July 28, 2008

Can I breathe now?

Well, I got some done last week but not much. I'm not sure what happened and why I didn't get more done. Oh, yeah, still working on the boys' room definitely took some of that time. LOL Oh, well, it's definitely nearing completion and so far they have been good about quickly picking up when I ask so it's staying neat which is a huge blessing. Of course, my having their Gamecube memory card seems to be a good motivator as well. LOL

This last school year seems to have zipped by in a blur between all the kids activities, field trips, and, oh yes, seemingly constant Drs appointments. But man, the month of July made the school year look tame. Between having Jonathan's extended school year for his IEP which meant having to do school work M-F, Jonathan's summer camp, Jonathan & Nico's therapy, Jonathan's soccer, Christopher & Matthew's 3wk camp over the hill, my being on the soccer board, birthday parties, camping, 4th of July, and seemingly constant visitors. Definitely a whirlwind month and while it was a lot of fun, it was also a lot of work and I'm very happy that it's coming to a close.

It was strange that the month started off with absolutely EVERYTHING going on in the same week and slowly things have been dropping off the schedule. Last week saw the end of the big boys' camp and the start of a 3wk break from therapy. Saturday was Jonathan's last soccer game and the end of the season so I get a few weeks break from practices and constantly emailing trying to get refs for all the games. We had Matthew's party Sunday so I get 2mos before throwing the next kids' party. And today is the official end of school for Jonathan!

So this week we are down to Nico's gymnastics (hey, maybe we can actually start making it instead of being too burned out to think about it) and KSW. I think there might be a small team party for Jonathan's soccer so they can get their trophies and we'll go out to dinner and do presents for Matthew's actual birthday on Wednesday but that's it. That's our schedule. Wow! I have some time to get a few things caught up and maybe next week I can start looking into getting more involved in a playgroup for Nico. Heck, I think we can start looking at going to Park Day again. Wouldn't that be something.

Yes, I know, it seems like I find more things to fill up the void but they are all things we've been wanting to do but never seemed like we had the time for but none of them are earth shattering in importance either. They are simply things that we can toss around the ideas for and if we feel like it, we can do. It's nice to have the option. While school is now officially over after today, we will have to keep up with some work and I know that. I do want to get Matthew back into the habit of doing some work and we have his summer project to finish. And of course, if everything goes well, Christopher will be starting high school through a new homeschool charter on the 14th. I'm sure soccer will start up again shortly after that so I intend to spend the next 2wks of relative quiet catching up on things, mostly my breath. LOL

But you know what, I wouldn't change any of it. I'm so blessed to be able to do all these things for and with my kids and I know it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Insight from the Dalai Lama:
As we contemplate the way in which we project our judgments--whether positive or negative--upon people as well as objects and situations, we can begin to appreciate that more reasoned emotions and thoughts are more grounded in reality.

No comments: