The third in the series sees Phedre on a quest on behalf of her enemy, Melisande, and a personal quest to try and find the name of G-d in order to release Hyacincthe from the bondage he undertook to see the Alban army safely through the Straights in the first book.
I found in some parts the book dragged a bit which is a shame but when it was moving, hold on tight! I thought things got wrapped up a little too neatly but I can also understand why and I thought it interesting that all the different flavors of gods from all the different lands were becoming more manifest and involved than just a slight coloring of vision and such that we've seen before. Not so horribly involved that you are left going "oh, come on now" but there was definitely not the same mystique of "is she doing this because it's really G-d directed or because that's how she's interpreting things" which was a bit different.
It looks like the next trilogy will be more centered on Melisande's (now Phedre and Joseclin's) son and his growing up and all the intrigue that will entail. I'm interested to see how this plays out and have the first two books and will grab the other one soon. Unfortunately, I have to put the series on hold a bit so I can catch up on some of my other reading because it does tend to suck me in and not let go and I leave off all other reading. *sigh* Hopefully I'll feel better about where I am on my reading in a few weeks to get back to it tho. It's a hard decision to put it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment