You know, I actually like camping but man, it's even more work than a normal vacation to pack up and it's even worse on the return trip. It was really bad this time because of how crazy last week was so the house is a wreck and I'm trying to get things cleaned and put away and not just the camping stuff. *sigh*
But camping was fun. Mark and I took turns chasing Nico on whatever trail he wanted to go on while the other got to hang out and chill. We were there with Matthew's playgroup so lots of other families, lots of other kids, lots of good friends. Hard to believe all these kiddos are turning the big 1-0 this year which means many of us have been together as a group for over 9yrs.
The big boys got to feed chickens, goats, sheep, and pigs. They collected eggs, put animals to bed, and were up with the rooster in the morning. They took hikes down to the creek to build dams and had water gun fights. We had smores on Saturday night around the campfire and a glow-stick light show while being serenaded by the crickets who were drowned out by some of our own musicians on guitar and bass.
No one was eaten by a coyote, stung by a bee, bitten by a tick, kissed by a black widow, or touched by poison ivy. Everyone is a little pinker (ok, maybe red for a couple of us LOL) than before but still, definitely a good weekend.
(for the record, while I did bring my camera I was too busy either doing nothing or chasing Nico so barely used it tho I think I got some cute pics at the Saturday night campfire which I'll post when I have a chance)
3 comments:
Yeah, for a fun, if exhausting weekend.
Bummer about not too many pictures, but enjoying yourself is more important.
Love
Mom
Sounds like a perfect getaway, minus all the work (wink). Don't worry about photos. While they're nice to have, the memories will last forever too!
despite the work, sounds like heaps of fun :) and no mishaps? hurray!!
Post a Comment