Nico was up til almost midnight again (3rd straight night). I finally got him down and was finally asleep around 12:30a. Jonathan comes into my room at 1:30a saying that he's throwing up. I get him settled in the bathroom, wash his face, and get him new clothes. Once he's feeling like I can leave him for a minute, I go and clean up the vomit off the carpet. Finally get back to bed around 2a and just collapse. Nico was up at 6a wanting to nurse. I said no because he hasn't been nursing in the middle of the night and I don't want him to start up again. I dozed and he watched Garfield until around 7:30a when I finally nursed him and he went back to sleep (it's 9:30a now and he's still out). Jonathan was in my bed and Chris on the couch so I checked them both and they are both still over 100. I'm coughing, my throat hurts, and my lungs are tight. My goal for today...survive, shine the sink (I collapsed last night), finish The Yearling, and pick up for the carpet cleaners who are coming at 1p. If I can manage it I also want to read a chapter of "The House at Pooh Corner" to Jonathan, update the calendar, and finish clipping coupons.
In other news, Mark is on the phone with the IRS right now. They sent us a bill for $12,000 for our 2005 taxes which is crazy since I filed those and paid the $556 that came out as due. Apparently when they were processing it, they failed to put in the taxes withheld. *insert huge eye roll here* They are fixing it and it's still in process and the agent has put a hold on our account so that it's not racking up more fees while they figure it all out. She also gave us an extension to file our 2006 and to pay our 2003 (we are hoping to pay 2003 with the 2006). I'm really hoping that by the time we are all done filling everything in the next couple of months, we'll also basically have everything paid off and can put this all behind us.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
The Tibetan Buddhist tradition teaches us to view all sentient beings as our dear mothers and to show our gratitude by loving them all. For, according to Buddhist theory, we are born and reborn countless numbers of times, and it is conceivable that each being has been our parent at one time or another. In this way all beings in the universe share a family relationship.
State of my sink: Scary :(
No comments:
Post a Comment