Monday, January 07, 2008
52:1 Prescriptions for Parenting by Carolyn Ann Meeks, M.D.
Finally got the first book of the year finished (I've only got 7 others I'm reading at the same time depending on where I am LOL). I don't recall where I picked this one up from (or maybe someone gave it to me?) but it's the first time I've read it. It's designed as quick read with simple techniques for better parenting and includes pages to "clip and post" with summaries of each chapter. Everything is basically broken down into 5 "rules" per chapter be it for ending conflict, building self-esteem (kids and yours), etc. I enjoyed the quick tips and it's good for what it purports to be but for more in-depth techniques on really getting through to the kids, I'm reading "How to talk so your kids will listen and listen so your kids will talk". Funnily enough, that was one of the recommended reads in the back of this book and for good reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment