I saw the Maxwell's speak today on several homeschooling and family subjects. While I don't totally agree with their doctrinal beliefs (they are Christian), I do think they are wonderful speakers and have such a wealth of information to share and I feel very blessed to have been able to learn from them. I've been trying (very unsuccessfully I'll admit) to use the Managers of Their Home schedule book. Much of that has been due to Nico and my inability to set him to any sort of schedule along with how we end up needing a couple of different schedules to accommodate different activities and therapy sessions BUT I'm very excited about rereading the book and trying yet again. I had several inspirations while at the conference about a few things that may smooth things along so we'll be trying those as we work on just our morning and evening routines for the next couple of weeks while I reread the book and work on our schedule for the rest of the day. I also picked up Managers of Their Chores as that is something we are having lots of problems with here lately. I also picked up Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit (stop laughing now) as it deals with Terri's struggles with anger and depression and feeling overwhelmed with homeschooling.
And speaking of things we are trying is Nico now helping with some of the chores. He has decided that he likes to help Matthew clear the dinner table of the dirty dishes so he's now going to do that every night and I'll be working with him on putting his dishes in the sink after the other meals. I'm also thinking about seeing what else he can start doing. Yes, he needs total supervision but it would mean that he's "helping" in his own way which makes him happy and productive rather than off causing as much havoc as he possibly can (like tearing the front off one of the kitchen drawers which he did today while I was gone).
No comments:
Post a Comment