Saturday, January 05, 2008

Chris is home!

I have to admit that while it's definitely quieter without his weird noises and the fights that inevitably break out simply by his presence, I miss him when he's gone. So do the other boys for all their fighting with him since all I've heard since Wednesday is how much they miss him. It's nice to know that even with all the fights, there is still such an incredible bond between them all.

Chris seemed to enjoy his time away tho apparently 2 days is all Jack can take for having his routine disrupted. *sigh* Not much any of us could do about the storm tho. There was lots of game playing and time spent at Jack's friends' houses. I think it's good for Christopher to get out and spend time without his brothers always present and have fun with kids his own age. I just wish we had more that he got along with around us.

I was productive while Mark had the kids out of the house making further roads on my desk, figuring out the bills and balancing the checkbook, and cleaning and organizing the living room and all Nico's toys. Nico was so happy to come home and be able to find all his toy cars in one bin! He even figured out all on his own to put them back when he got a new one out. WooHoo!

Other than that, all is quiet here (strangely enough since Christopher is home LOL). We had a brief power outage right after dinner but it only lasted about 10 minutes. The kids were all set to hunker down for another 14hrs. LOL

Unfortunately, my throat hurts and my lungs are tight again. I had this same thing maybe a week ago and thought I had kicked it but here it is back again. We so rarely get sick around here but this winter it seems like its been one thing after another. Nothing serious, no fevers, just something draining our energy and making us feel blah all too often. I hope it's on it's way out soon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

State of my sink: Shiny again! (It actually wasn't that bad this morning since I had kept caught up all day yesterday while we had sunlight)

No comments: