We all know madness is hereditary, you get it from your kids. I can certainly attest to that. Before you fall off your chairs laughing, I know I was never totally "sane" to begin with (have you seen my family?! 'nuff said) but I'm pretty sure I was more sane than I am today.
But it's those moments like this morning that always seem to make it worthwhile. This morning started off like normal. Trying to roust kids out of bed to do chores before needing to leave for an appointment, wrestling around with Nico to get him dressed for the day complete with clean diaper, you know the drill. Well, after the 10min wrestling match with the 2yr old (during which I still didn't succeed in getting a shirt on him ) I was trying to convince him to eat breakfast. Here's the conversation we had:
Me: Come on Nico, time for breakfast.
Nico (curling up on bed): No
Me: How about some cheese?
Nico: No
Me: Cherrios and banana?
Nico: No
Me: Apple? Cheese stick?
Nico: No
Me: Honey, you need to eat. We have to leave soon. Let's try to find something to eat.
Nico: No
Me: Are you going to eat at all?
Nico: No
Me: Are you just going to say no?
Nico: No
Me: Do you just want to lay here all day while I hug and kiss you?
Nico: Yeah
It dissolved pretty quickly into a fun little kiss, hug, and cuddle session which lasted another 10min and would have gone on longer if we hadn't really needed to get moving.
Like I said, this is why for as crazy as they drive me I like having them around. There just isn't anything sweeter on this earth.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Whatever the issue, we should be able to see the complete picture. This will enable us to comprehend the whole story. The teachings offered in Buddhism are based on rationality, and I think are very fruitful.
2 comments:
Awe - deposits in our 'love bank' like that keep us going through all those tough times.
That is so awesome!!!! :)
Post a Comment