You'd think I'd learn by now but nope, I'm a sucker for finding things the kids would be interested in and trying to make it all fit. I just sent off the email confirming that Jonathan is interested in the Headsprout phonics help that CAVA is offering as part of Title 1 services for his reading/language arts. I also signed Christopher up to help on the homeschool yearbook this year with Matthew as a photographer for it. I'm also looking around trying to find some good volunteer opportunities with animals for Christopher. He's always loved animals and has really gotten into environmental and endangered wildlife issues so I want to help him branch out a bit and see where it goes. Now to try to find a way to do that without pushing myself over the edge. Hopefully I can find something local that he can bus to, for my own sanity. I still need to have the talk with him about finalizing what classes we are doing for this school year. I have a lot of different things around the house so it's just a matter of figuring out what additional electives he wants to do and we can find time for. There's that time thing again. Why can't that just be a matter of buying more off the spice rack at Safeway so you'll always have enough time?
On a good note, despite the myriad and plentiful tantrums on the part of his Nickness, I still managed to get the laundry caught up, several phone calls made, a new budget made for Sept, and most of the unpacking done. So not too bad for the day, especially considering I was dealing with Mr. Clingycrankypants all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment