Wednesday, August 20, 2008
52:68 Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Once I was able to get into the language I really enjoyed this tho the language did cause me to have to slow down to read it. I enjoyed the story tremendously not just for the plot and characters as for the look into attitudes of the past. I was reading on another site how Austen's books tend to not make those who were morally wrong pay much, if any, price for their transgressions and that was definitely the case here. I admit that it probably is much closer to real life in that regard tho, of course, it tends to upset the reader's sense of fair play. Still, a very enjoyable book and I look forward to reading Pride and Prejudice next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
(OT - but this is the only way I can think of sort-of contacting you with something funny.)
Hey, Jena -
I can't remember if you are teaching your boys other languages, but since you are homeschooling them, I thought you might get a giggle out of the following link - http://community.livejournal.com/metaquotes/6795854.html
(I really do not like the comment section on this system.)
Okay - correct link is as follows -
http://community.livejournal.com/metaquotes/6795854.html
Kat
Post a Comment