*whew* It's been weeks of waiting and wondering and hoping that everything would go okay with Christopher's enrollment in Ocean Grove Charter School (the new homeschool charter program I want to use for him for high school) but I had to call today and find out what the story was since we leave 2 days after their school year officially starts. I know being patient is not something I'm well known for but in this case, I feel justified because I don't want to have our ES call at the last minute, or even worse after we've left, and there are papers we need to sign or rule we need to follow while gone or whatever and we are totally ignorant of it all. Ok, and there is also the fact that I know Christopher needs to start in on Algebra right away because that is the subject that he has the hardest time with and I want to make sure he has it from the start so he can work on it slowly so it can sink in better. That is one subject I do not care to rush through with him.
The other thing is that I've heard various horror stories of people not getting their teacher for months and then not being reimbursed for all the supplies they paid for out of pocket and getting a prorated amount and and and. I've heard a lot of other stuff good and bad about doing high school with them but mostly it seems to stem from a bit of restriction on what you can do once you hit high school because of the new laws. Since we've been using CAVA and have had only one choice in curriculum, I'm hoping this will be freeing enough that we'll enjoy it but not so overwhelming with how much cool stuff there is out there. LOL
So I was able to get the email address of our ES and contact her first instead of waiting. Just have to hope she forgives me impatience and understands why I felt the need to jump in rather than waiting on her to contact us first.
And while all this is happening, I've just sent all of Christopher's CAVA materials back as well as Matthew's materials from completed courses. Jonathan's completed courses are now all packed up and simply awaiting shipping labels and they too will be out of the house. Just waiting for his new materials to come in. Still need to have him finish his phonics and Matthew to finish his 5th grade math, art, and music and then those can all go back as well. WooHoo! The guys in the big brown truck just love me! LOL
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Dreams are an idea of the mind. There are no tangible objects beneath these sole appearances. Similarly, self and others, samsara and nirvana, are designated by the name and the knowledge about them. Thus, there is no inherent existence of any object.
No comments:
Post a Comment