Monday, August 18, 2008

Plan for the week

Well, I'll admit it's likely a bit ambitious but I do think it's fairly doable without totally straining us. Of course, all plans are subject to change (and likely too LOL) but here's what we will be trying to see during the rest of our time here:

Tuesday
Take the Salt Lake Connect Pass with stops at:
  1. Olympic Cauldron Park
  2. Utah Museum of Fine Arts
  3. Red Butte Garden
  4. This is the Place Heritage Park
  5. Cathedral of the Madeline (this is the most likely to be dropped from the day's itinerary)
  6. Temple Square
Wednesday
Want to keep this day a little quieter so we are going to go check out Liberty Park where there are playgrounds and rides and also the Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Arts.

Thursday
Heading to Utah's Hogle Zoo for the better part of the day to check out their Asian Highlands exhibit with an Amur Tiger, Amur leopard, snow leopard, Pallas cats, Siberian Lynx, and a re-creation Himalayan village.

Friday
Not sure, depending on how burned out I am we might check out Thanksgiving Point which has the largest dinosaur museum in the world or Discovery Gateway which is a lot closer and could be a half day thing. Again, all depends on how much energy I've got left. LOL

Some of this all depends on my mom as well. Harold is still in the hospital and was supposed to be getting out tomorrow but now he's getting transferred to Kaiser tonight instead which will delay things considerably but if it is at all possible to meet up with them here in SLC while they are driving through, we will change our plans around. The zoo is the thing the kids care most about and I'd like to hit the historical stuff with them (that whole homeschooling mom thing LOL) but the Wed and Fri plans are easily dropped and other things shuffled around so we can hook up.

Don't think we are going to hit the actual Olympic Park this time around as much as I'd love to but it's looking like we'll get more opportunities. Mark is thinking they will want him to come back out on a much more regular basis than it was first looking like. We won't be able to come every time due to finances and kids' activities but we will when we can make it work. The boys really want to see snow but I'm not so sure I want to be driving 750 miles in it. I wonder how much plane tickets for 6 cost?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say drop Temple square. There's not a whole lot to see there if you're not Mormon. I went about 10 years ago and we kept getting told "you can't go in there"