Monday, August 18, 2008

9th grade curriculum

After looking at a bunch of different high schools graduation requirements I think we have just about settled on a curriculum for 9th grade for Christopher. It's still uncertain if we will be in the school district's ISP program and filing an R4 or just doing the R4. I think that is primarily going to depend on the district and whether or not they are going to let him in but we shall see.

So for 9th grade, Christopher will be taking:
  • English - Lord of the Rings complete curriculum
  • Math - Saxxon Algebra 1 supplemented by Keys to Algebra if necessary
  • Science - Oak Meadows Environmental Science
  • PE - Kuk Sool Wan, Bowling League
  • Art - Young Actors Workshop Improvisational Theater (if we can get in, crossing fingers)
  • Technology - Going to work more with various standard windows programs plus see if he is interested in learning html and web publishing or computer programming language (this is the one area we are still figuring out but will likely incorporate lots of in the other subjects)
We've already started the Algebra today at the beginning and working through the review stuff more to start gearing up than any other reason. I've got the Saxxon and Oak Meadows curriculum on loan right now so all I need to do is order the Lord of the Rings stuff and we'll be good to go. Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Ari Naggar still the YAW director? If he is, or if it's run by just about anyone connected with Coastal Rep, I can try to pull a few strings...