Monday, August 11, 2008

Couldn't catch a break

So now that I've written my feel-good post, I get to complain, right? LOL Now Nico being boy #4 is definitely territorial by nature of his stuff but shares his brothers stuff fairly well (for a 2yr old), always insists that if he gets an Otter Pop that they get one too, knows what their favorite colors are and will try to hand them anything that is that color, etc. It's actually really cute how much he loves to interact with them and how much he thinks about them.

Unfortunately this has drawbacks. I really thought with his language problems we might be able to escape some of the more annoying speech stages of 2 but no such luck. Listening to his brothers has produced two new words this week.

The dreaded "mine" and "why"

I'm sorry but I can't get him to be able to tell me what he wants because of the apraxia, I don't get to hear all the cute toddler sayings that other moms do, but I do get to hear the endless "mine" and "why".

Not freaking fair!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Insight from the Dalai Lama:
If you engage in some service to others, give at least a short moment of happiness to others, including animals, then you get the feeling, "Now I did something good. My existence has become something purposeful."

No comments: