Sunday, August 17, 2008

From another time zone

Yes, we arrived safely! We are settled into our home for the next week which is wonderful including such great amenities as full-serve grocery shopping (you give them a list, it's delivered to your room at no extra charge) and housekeeping that includes doing the dishes! I told Mark that this is my idea of heaven and I want to stay forever. LOL Other amenities include laundry on the same floor, swimming pool, huge book for delivery meals, full kitchen, hot breakfast, fitness center, and walking distance from a ton of stuff.

The trip was uneventful. The kids all behaved really well for which we are very thankful. We made great time and even got good gas mileage (relatively speaking).

Now we are trying to get everyone on schedule with the new time zone. I know many wouldn't bother but they were getting waaaaaay off schedule due to summer anyway and I'm hoping we can use this to transfer over to a better schedule once we get home. One of the big things I'm hoping to work on while we are here is our new school schedule so we can start doing parts of it once we get back home in preparation for the start of school. We'll also be doing some schoolwork to get a jump start on the new year (or to finish up certain things from last year) but my big plan for this week is to sight see it's our first time here. I've got a long list of places that look interesting but I'm giving the boys (and myself) a break from the car tomorrow so we'll stay in the hotel or walking distance but do research and figure out what looks most interesting this time around.

So now that I've stayed up late, I need to go work on fixing my own clock.

No comments: