Saturday, August 16, 2008

Getting ready to leave

Well, we are hoping to be leaving in less than 10hrs for Salt Lake City for Mark's new job. Of course, instead of spending the week packing and organizing like I wanted I've been dealing with a sick and cranky toddler. Today when Mark took the boys' out so I could pack and work, he calls a short while later telling me that the a/c in my truck that we just spent $1000 fixing last week in preparation for this trip wasn't working. He called the shop but they told him that they wouldn't be able to get to it today and would need most of the day tomorrow to get someone to look at it so I hopped into his car and his dad hopped into his so we could go get everyone but his car wouldn't start! Ugh! So after messing with that for a while with no luck, my fil takes me to his house to pick up his second car and we get on the road. Mark calls when we are 3 blocks from the shop to tell me that he managed to get them to look at it immediately and it was a simple leak and it was fixed. Serious Ugh!!! I've just spent an hour trying to get his car to start and another hour on the road in rush hour traffic and now it's going to be another hour back through rush hour and I'm already feeling nasty and I still have all the packing to get done. All I have to say is we have had our bad luck for the trip, so now hopefully everything will go okay. *knocking on wood*

In good news tho, I found several incredible resources in our local homeschooling group that were willing to share their knowledge on the high school years with me. I met with one of them tonight who imparted tons of information to me along with several texts and resource books. Just incredible and I'm so thankful that there are people like this in the world who believe that sharing knowledge enriches everyone rather than trying to horde it to only the limited few.

I was also fortunate enough to have a friend whose son just outgrew a bunch of clothes that will fit Matthew so he has shorts for this trip. Yeah!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Each individual's survival or future depends on society.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hug*

I hope you have an awesome (and careful ;) trip.