Friday, August 12, 2011

Trying to get organized

Yeah, I know there's this perpetual state of chaos that surrounds me but I keep trying and hoping and praying to get organized.  It has yet to happen although apparently I manage to keep just enough stuff organized to fool many people who don't know me well into thinking I've got it all together.  That couldn't be farther form the truth which I tell them but I think the simple fact that I'm showered and dressed with my hair not pulled out while homeschooling 4 kids amazes many.  I think those people are clueless twits.

But I'm currently working on schedule organization and school year stuff.  I always have such high hopes of starting the school year with everything neat and organized, being able to keep up on grading papers and making lesson plans, getting everything accomplished early enough in the day that we can do fun science experiments and art projects or just let the kids go outside and ride bikes while the weather is nice and be kids.

It never happens.  This dream usually dissolves by Labor Day as my desk is the dumping ground for everyone to put everything and the kids activities kick into gear so I'm driving everyone everywhere while at home I need a gallon of superglue to stick their butts to their seats long enough to get something accomplished.  I'm anticipating this year will be no different but I'm trying to at least have my part organized so maybe I can at least get the checkbook updated and the taxes filed (pretty sure my extension is about to run out and I still haven't gotten to that yet *sigh*).  And it's not just the bigger house, it's the number of hours in my day.  I know I get the same as everyone else but I'm pretty sure there is a time vortex under my house that sucks about 10min out of every hour so I end up with less.  That's the only explanation I can think of.

No comments: