Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some lab results

Got in what I think are all my lab results in today.  Really wish the news was better.  My HDL is just above where they want to see it, my LDL is just over the top end, triglicerides and glucose are borderline, and apparently I'm VitD deficient.

Just lovely.

Haven't heard from my doctor about all that yet and still have no idea the state of my gallbladder.  For myself, this has been a wake-up call.  My dad had a heartattack when he was around 60yr and he wasn't overweight, he ate fairly healthy, but had to have a quintuple bypass.  My younger brother just had surgery to bypass a major artery in his leg.  Um... yeah.  I need to get active again, lose some weight, and actually go in for regular check-ups to get this stuff monitored.

I know part of it has been our diet has sucked during this entire remodel process and that can't have helped at all, especially the oreodiction that the kids got me on.  (pleased to say I haven't had one today)  Funny, I just got a bike on Saturday and went for a ride on Sunday and again this morning before I even heard this.  Tonight, I started getting Sparkpeople and my GoWearFit all set-up again.  It's definitely time to start using both of those again.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

If all things numbers are only a touch high, then yes, go for diet and exercise ONLY. The current round of drugs being advertised heavily have nasty side effects. Do Not Want.
I know I should go in and have my numbers checked too. Some time in my copious spare time, which looks kinda like yours. Last time I had the numbers checked (about 10 years ago)everything was normal though. I think you get that from your dad.
And yes, you need to change doctors. That doctor sounds terrible. If you are going to find time in Your Busy Schedule to be seen by a doctor, then the doctor needs to find time for you. You don't go to doctors to waste time and get non-information.
*hugs*
Mom