Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Monterey Bay Aquarium with cousins

It's the first time we've ever gone to Monterey Bay Aquarium with the nieces and my MIL.  My mom and Little Harold ended up meeting with us there.  It was kind of funny because after lunch, people broke off into their own groups according to what they wanted to see.

Chris - went off by himself.  I still have no idea where he went or what he saw.  Go figure.

Matt - went off with Lena.  I heard they saw the seahorse exhibit and the lower floor touchpools and I know they went into the discovery bay computer room.  Guessing they did other stuff but wouldn't be surprised if they just hung out as teens are wont to do.

Jon - Got stuck with Hannah, Nick, and me.  He argued that he had his cellphone so why couldn't he just wonder off on his own. Um, because you are 10, that's why!  And I wasn't going to just let him and Hannah (age almost 9) to wonder off together.  That gets reserved for the teens, thankyouverymuch.  We saw a lot while altogether tho.  Sharks, a big sunfish, seahorses, jellyfish, flamingos, and touchpools where we touched sea cucumbers and seastars.

Nick - see above

My mom, MIL, and brother headed off somewhere else.  I heard they saw the flamingos and I'm guessing they saw the seahorse stuff too but couldn't swear to it.  I didn't see them for 2hrs while I kept after the youngest 3.  I got to see what I wanted too so it was all good.  The kids are already asking when we can go back and Nicholas wanted to know if we could move near there.  Um, sorry kid but no.  It's a bit far from Mark's work and your best friend too.  LOL

No comments: