Wednesday, August 17, 2011

And now a word from my doctor

But it's not much of one.  She had her assistant call and tell me that they were phoning in a prescription for Vitamin D for me and that she wants to rerun the labs in 3mos.  That's it.  All I know.  No word on the u/s.  No calling personally so I could ask questions.  No having me come in to discuss things.  No offer of sending me to a dietitian to work on that.  Just a prescription for tons of VitD and follow-up in a couple of months.

I understand they are busy and have lots of patients but really?  I shouldn't be surprised tho.  This is the same doctor that my first (and so far only) office visit with her, she kept me waiting for 45min and my appointment was super early in the morning.  No apology.  Just came in and spent 5min with me telling me that I was sick all the time because I had lost so much weight but that all my feet problems were because I was overweight so I needed to lose weight (let's ignore the fact that the feet didn't start bothering me until I lost 30lbs shall we?).  So if I lose weight my feet will feel better but I'll be sick all the time and oh yeah, I can't exercise because my feet hurt!

Yeah, I'm working on finding a new doctor. This is bullshit.

No comments: