Saturday, August 20, 2011

Moving forward

Crazy day today but we are moving forward on a lot of things.  I'm just going to list things here:


  • We've been expecting some money from a side job Mark did and it hasn't gotten paid yet so we called up some funds from our savings to get us over this hump and pay for the exterior paint job.  
  • We made it through KSW testing this morning.  Different instructor leading it which ended up meaning we did a lot more than we normally do.  All to the good and I would normally welcome the challenge but the new studio has this flooring that just wrecks my feet so 3hrs on that left me hobbling.  It also showed me just how out of shape with KSW I am.  Time to get my butt back to class on a regular basis.
  • I got a lot of school discussion done with Matt & Jon which was good.  I'm all caught up on getting papers from this school year graded (we won't mention last year, 'k?) and lesson plans are done for next week.
  • I got my desk just about cleaned off so hopefully I can start working on getting the bills and tax stuff.  I haven't balanced the checkbook this year so I have a lot of catching up to do but my goal is to do as much as possible tomorrow and find a way to get it all done this week so that by next weekend I can get budgets set-up and have the finances under control and start working on the taxes.
  • Mark got the posts set for the front porch handrailing.  He's hoping to have that all done tomorrow.
  • My MIL has agreed to take Nicholas to his Little Ninjas class on Wedn & Thurs this coming week so I will have actual swathes of time to get things done around the house rather than the little chunks here and there which do not lend themselves well to keeping up on everything.

So that's where we are today.  Pushing forward and I know things will get better.  I'm hoping that maybe this gets me a bit more cooperation for getting other things done so I have time to work on these things more...at least for a while.  I am under no illusions that it will last tho. *sigh*

No comments: