Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Slowing down for a breath

Some days, you just have to stop and make cookies.  We spent all day yesterday running from one thing to the next including therapy for Jon, guitar for Matt, Little Ninjas for Nick, dental cleanings for Matt & Jon, KSW for Jon, grocery shopping, and a bit of running around for a friend.                 


Today wasn't really much better.  Jon & Nick had swimming this morning.  I ended up canceling Matt's orthodontist appointment as it looks like we'll be waiting to do anything so might as well see if things shift a bit like they did with Chris and braces won't be necessary.  I had another piece of good news in that a spot opened up in Nick's swim class and I was able to shift Jon into it.  They are at different levels but the only other child in there (Nick's best friend) is right between them and it's with the same teacher who is just amazing (and just happens to be the mom of Jon's best friend LOL) so it all works.  This makes things once clay class start up so much easier on me.


After swim, we played with friends for a bit and then ran errands.  Gas, library, hardware store, bank, water, and grocery store (yes again, please see the header about 4 boys).  Got home and was hoping to work on painting the doors since we had absolutely beautiful weather here but Jon reminded me that I had promised to make cookies with him.  That prompted Matthew to remind me that I keep promising to give them cake decorating lessons.  So we made Star Wars cookies and used the frosting I had leftover from the last birthday to decorate them.  I gave the kids a basic lesson on how to hold the bag, how to apply pressure, and gave them basic tips for doing lines.  You can see how well they listened...

But they had a great time and the fun was much needed so well worth it.  

2 comments:

Auntie M said...

The cookies look delicious even if they are a bit "odd". Yum
Love
Mom
PS There are moments when I'm glad I had a girl and then a boy Much Later. So much easier on the pocket book. ;D

linda said...

The cookies were yummy! They lasted all of about 5 minutes. Thanks!