I will admit that we all got a pretty late start this morning except for Nico who awoke 7hrs after falling asleep roaring and ready to go. Unfortunately, there was just zero energy or motivation to be had for the rest of us and I think I saw a sloth passing us on the way to getting caffeine out of the kitchen. Sort of sad really.
Once we finally got started tho, things did go pretty well. See, Matthew even worked:
Yes, it was a shock to us as well. Or maybe he wasn't shocked. Maybe he just finally got a whiff of the dirty socks he had left on the table near his chair:
We did manage to find the energy for swim class today:
It was also a big day for Nico but a bittersweet day for me. With his birthday coming next week it was time to start looking into putting him into a big kid class with just a teacher instead of in a Mommy and Me class. They did some testing with him and it was decided that he looks like he is ready so next week he'll switch to a 2p class before the big boys but with their teacher now. I'm really bummed he couldn't keep his teacher but unfortunately she doesn't have a compatible class at a workable time. He did say he wanted to do the switch because it means he'll get to go down the big slide now. I really hope it will go well unlike when we switched him to a more structured class in gymnastics and he decided he didn't like it anymore.
When we finally got home from swim class, everyone did a little collapse for an hour and then did some pick-up and finished schoolwork so we could head to the homeschool game night.
Of course, I had to end the night at the grocery store. Apparently I can't seem to stay away from it this week. You think if I just hand over my wallet they'll let me go more than a day without visiting?
I got home to find that Nico had taken a 30sec nap in Mark's car when he drove him home and woken up when Mark brought him inside. Even after being dosed with melatonin, he again refused to go to sleep. I had the joy of uploading the pictures for this while having shoes pitched at me before being assailed by a whirling Tasmanian devil with fists of fury flying. It was such a delightful experience I'm thinking about turning it into an attraction and selling admission. I think I need to market it to those crazy people who bungee jump. "For the ultimate adrenalin rush, see if you can escape the cage with your body parts in tact!" Has a catchy sound to it, no?
At this point, he hasn't been in to hit or launch missiles at me in about 20min so I'm hoping and praying that he's decided to go sleep with his brothers. If I dont' get some sleep tonight, there is the very real possibility that I'll start really believing I'm Tinker Bell and can fly to Neverland.
1 comment:
Ha! A housekeeping fairy, I love it! If you find one, please send one my direction ;)
Post a Comment