From the post office, I went to drop Nico off at therapy with Matthew to help out with him so I could run a few more errands. I ended up having to talk to the therapists about some things and in that time, Nico managed to poop in his pants. Of course, he doesn't want to be changed so I had to drag him kicking and screaming out to the car for the process. Once we get done and I'm trying to get his pants back on, he decides to jump up out of my arms and smack his head on the top hatch of the back of my truck. I'm so thankful that he managed to miss the metal spikey part of the lock and hit the plastic instead. Considering he is sporting a lovely bruise on the side of his face from running away from a diaper change yesterday plus he still remembers the staples in his head, well, you'd think he'd learn to just let us change the flipping diaper already!
Once I managed to get out of there, I headed over to Curves for my workout. I was able to drop off some of our Bright Minds materials at the local copy shop to have the bindings cut off so that's one thing to cross off my list. I didn't get a full workout in but got about 2/3 done so I felt better.
So this is what a normal schoolday looks like in our house. And a typical conversation overheard today was "Mom, it's okay for Nico to play this game. It's not violent or anything. The bombs come down and bounce off you and then make these really pretty explosions in the sky when they hit the airplanes!" Um, apparently I need to go over the definition of "violent" with Matthew again.
Then the fun part of every day we have KSW, finding the uniforms. I really can't understand but apparently when I say "Remember to put all your uniform stuff in the bag and zip it up" what really comes out of my mouth is "dump that stuff wherever, if you could maybe throw it in the general direction of the bag but whatever you do, please don't zip it up and keep it contained". *sigh* This past Saturday I had told all the boys to make sure their stuff got in the hamper so I could wash it all for the Grand Master's seminar today. I found after washing it this morning that I was missing a belt. I asked after it and was told that it was in the bag. Of course, when I tell the boys at 4:20p to get in uniform we discover the belt is not in the bag. I wanted to leave by 4:30p to make sure that we got there early out of respect but instead we spent almost 30min tearing apart the house and truck trying to find it. No luck. Great, now we are showing up late AND Jonathan is out of uniform. Ugh! Thankfully we got there right on time and the visiting masters were understanding and he got to participate. Unfortunately, there is still no sign of the belt and I'm now beginning to wonder if maybe he didn't leave it at the grocery store or something on Saturday.
Once we picked them up he was in a better mood, that is until we got home and I told him it was bath time, not play tv time (ps2 time in Nicoese). Then we had another round of temper tantrums and then another chase through the house because he was poopy yet again. Finally we got him in the shower and I finished folding laundry.
I got 6 loads done today and there is another 2 loads waiting to be folded plus some hanging stuff that needs to go through the dryer for a freshening up. And just when I thought I had finally gotten the kids down to bed so I could watch the last half of 24 in peace, Nico came out and screamed at me that the child who had taken two bites of dinner before declaring he was full and putting his dish in the sink was now starving and needed to eat tons of food. Ugh! And of course, all eating must be done while sitting directly in front of mommy who is trying to watch a little tv. Seriously, what is up with that? I watch 1hr of live tv a week and he can't even let me have that.
I think tomorrow when he wants to play on the ps2, I'm going to stand in front of the tv and see how he likes it.
No comments:
Post a Comment