Thursday, February 12, 2009

Big Boy Swim Class

Today was Nico's first big boy class at swim. The one with no mommy and just the teacher. They no longer do a transition period so to say I was apprehensive is mild.
He's in a class with two sisters, one is 5 and the other 3½. None of us had any idea how he would react to a new teacher, new classmates, new style of class, and no mommy...
But he did awesome! He is fearless in the water but followed the teacher's instruction at all times, never leaving the step or island until she told him he could.
He listened intently to what she wanted from him and did it with no fuss.

I'm not sure who switched my normal child for the one in swim class and then switched him back as soon as we got into the showers (where he proceeded to shower me all over and have a fit on the way home because I wouldn't buy him a BK snack). I sort of liked the idea of a biddable child, even just for a short time.But really, I'm so very proud of how well he listened and behaved. He even got to go down the slide now because he's 3. Big brother Matthew was on hand to put him half way up. I tried to get a shot of him going down but had my camera on the wrong setting and he was on his way before I could fix it. Next week, I promise.

He loved it tho and I'm so happy he's so happy.

No comments: