What a wonderful thing to come home to! Two beautiful Amazon packages awaiting me on my front porch as we got home from zoo class. One had the Kindle and the other the cover I ordered for it. It was amazing to open the Kindle, plug it in, have it turn on and have the books I'd already ordered off Amazon (the ones mentioned previously plus a bunch of freebies I've found on Amazon for the Kindle as well). I've already started reading 1984 and have been playing around with the web functions. Still need to figure those out a little more and find what limiations can be worked around and which can't but hey, I've got my Kindle! I really like the epaper they are using as it's very easy on the eyes which I can't say of reading a .pdf on a palm and I think it's wicked cool that the "screen saver" images when you put it in standby mode are different authors and the first one that came up was Poe. How much cooler can you get?
So I'm totally jazzed with my new toy. Very few complaints so far tho I'm sure many of those will go away as I get more used to it and I'll find some new ones instead. Isn't that always the way of things? LOL
1 comment:
Cool Jena! Enjoy your new toy. I saw the Oprah show all about the Kindle before Christmas time, and it looked amazing.
Maria
Post a Comment