Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Great Question has been answered

And no, the answer in this case is not 42. In truth, the answer will be much, much more than that eventually, just not today.

The Great Question was "What will be the first book(s) to get for my new Kindle?" A serious question that required great thought, consideration, and deliberation. There are so many good books out there, I don't want to duplicate ones I have in good condition in the house, I don't want something that I'm going to end up wanting to loan to someone, preferably something that I can read and stop for periods of time. I'm not sure my first choices will fulfill that last requirement but oh, well, it was hard enough to fulfill everything else. Of course there were the fun titles thrown out which were all books worthy of consideration for the simple fact that I want to read them but didn't meet enough of the other criteria.

So the first six books to be downloaded (in order) are:
1984 by George Orwell
A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
1776 by David McCullough
John Adams by David McCullough
The Letters of John and Abigail Adams
American Lion by Jon Meacham

Next stop will be Gutenberg Press to start downloading everything I can off of there. Of course, all this has to wait until Thursday when it shows up.

Tick...tick...tick...tick

Yes, I'm counting the minutes. I want my new toy NOW!!!!

No comments: