Monday, February 09, 2009

Nico's "Happy Birtday Pahty"


It was a happy day for the soon-to-be 3yr old. He had his "deetohs", a Cars bounce house (that his lame mother didn't get a picture of), and was surrounded by friends and family. Add a Cars pinata filled with candy and Cars toys and then presents and well, life is pretty much perfect as far as he was concerned.
He really got into the whole cake thing and ended up blowing out the candle about a dozen times during the course of our singing happy birthday to him. Then he insisted on opening up all the presents that were in Cars wrapping paper first. LOL What can I say? That kid knows what he likes. LOL

There were, of course, many tears shed by the 7yr old but for the most part the day went well. There was little to cause stress and everyone seemed to have a good time. The winner of the most ironic event was everything concerning the bounce house. Last time it arrived an hour late so I put down our start time as an hour earlier. So it showed up 1hr15min before the start of the party. Then they showed up 1hr30min late to pick it up. It was pouring down rain so Mona and I ended up waiting in the car and chatting until the guy finally got there. Thank goodness for friends who will wait around with you is all I have to say.

No comments: