So the boys finally saved up enough money that with Mark trading in his PS2, they could afford the PS3 bundle at Costco. Mark also traded in some My Points for Amazon GCs so the house will buy that from him and that meant it was only an extra $60 for the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle. Big problem was that after trading in the PS2 he found out that yes, earlier models were backwards compatible but newer ones were not so all of our PS2 games would not be playable on the new system. Can you say "What a piece of crap?" Yeah, thought so.
So he moved on with the plan which included taking Nico to TRU and using his birthday money to buy Rock Band 2 for the PS3 and then taking the boys to Game Stop where thanks to the lack of backwards compatibility, the boys turned in their disks not for a new game for the PS3 but an older, used PS2.
Then they get home and we find out that Nicholas had stuck his favorite powpow game (and the one that was Jonathan's present from Santa) into the old PS2 before we turned it in. It's still there. It's also about a 30min drive away. We decided it wasn't worth the time to go get a $20 game back. So mom to the rescue, I ended up buying the PS3 game they wanted and the PS2 game that was lost but which they will have to pay me back for.
But you know, since I was on Amazon...
They had this thing in the corner about the new Kindle 2....
And it will read .doc files, browse the internet, read .pdf, and do some of the other features I was looking for.
So I bought it.
My bookshelf is thanking me.
A lot!
I'm going to have to go see if I can import my contacts and calendar onto the Google or some other private internet site so I can have access to that stuff and then I can say good-bye to my palm and just have the Kindle.
I'm totally psyched and can't wait to get my new toy!
1 comment:
Congrats on the Kindle. You'll love it!
Post a Comment