Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just one more day, just one more day, just one more day

Yes, I've been counting down the days until Winter Break, not just because it means I don't have to teach for 2wks but because it means a lack of all normal activities and since we are staying in town for the holidays, it's only 3 day trips to visit relatives in a 2wk span of time. Seriously, I only have to leave the house 3 times in 2wks plus grocery trips!!! Considering my normal week is some activity/class/therapy thing needing me to drive someone, somewhere at least 6xs/wk, this is a true vacation for me and I'm soooooo ready for it.

To celebrate, today I:
  • Got the reservations made for the clubhouse for my dad's birthday in February
  • Dropped off a Discovery Toys order
  • Took the boys to the SFZoo for Nico's class and ice skating
  • Dropped off food with my brother Mike
  • Drove across SF to go to one of my good chocolate stores to pick up some Christmas gifts
  • Drove home through rush hour traffic
Now Nico is asleep and has been for hours. I'm expecting a horrid night ahead, likely spent in the living room since Mark isn't getting in until around 11p tonight. Tomorrow we just have swim class for the youngest three and then I'm not leaving the house for DAYS!!!! Seriously! I need to spend some serious time decluttering, organizing, and cleaning and I plan to do just that. I know it's pathetic that I'm thrilled to death with the thought that I'll actually be able to do that but it just goes to show how pathetic I've become when that is cause for great rejoicing. Of course, the biggest thrill is that Mark will be home from Dec 24 through Jan 4 and his work is SHUT DOWN during that time so he'll actually be able to spend time with US! I know he'll likely be on a plane again Jan 5 but at least we'll have 12 days with him here with us at home. Heaven!

Ok, the older ones are now stuck in front of the TV and in need of dinner plus we have some schoolwork to finish up. Ugh! I guess I should go get on that stuff instead of sitting here in front of the computer, huh?!

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Hey, we'll need to get Uncle Harold and the Nephews together while everyone is off.
Perhaps I'll get my ass up there so you don't have to drive down.
Moose's Spring Semester doesn't start until the end of January. Perhaps we can do a day trip together as well.
Love
Mom